Embrace the life you were born to live! Do you hide the “real you” from everyone around you? Are you afraid you will not be accepted at school, work or with friends? Discover the courage to be who you truly are.
Many kids, teens and adults who live with ADD/ADHD, anxiety, autism or physical disabilities feel they are missing out in life. Very often, clients tell me they feel so “different” and just want to be like everyone else. Having challenges in school, at work or with friends can be so hard and lonely.
My passion is to help people learn about themselves, adapt to their situation and live their best lives. I’m here to help you ditch your shame and find a way to love the person in the mirror despite the opinions of others. Life would be very boring if everyone was the same.
I have been a therapist for over twenty years working with kids, teen, parents and adults. I want to guide you as you find your own unique way to adapt and grow into the person you want to be. To quiet your inner critic and escape the thoughts in your mind that say,” you are not good enough”. I believe you are good enough no matter what!
I have been in the place of “I’m not good enough” too; and I have also learned how to accept myself and celebrate my own differences. Let’s start your journey of self discovery, adapting and accepting yourself today.
License & Certifications
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker – New York 2000
- Certified Social Worker – New York 1992
- Masters in Social Work – Fordham University 1992
- BA in Social Science – Dowling College 1988
Continuing Education Areas of Interest
- Play Therapy for children & teens (please note I’m not a Registered Play Therapist)
- Sensory Play for children & teens
- Sand Tray Therapy for children & teens
- Association for Play Therapy
- New York State Society for Clinical Social Work
- National Association of Social Work